Here at SteepFuze we’re always expanding our CBD dessert and cocktail concepts! We’ve been busy in our CBD Test Kitchen, whipping up new and exciting flavor combinations that feature our signature CBD coffee. We decided it was time to share these wonderful recipes with the world in our new CBD Test Kitchen Thursdays series! For those who are concerned about caffeine late at night, try the recipes with our Decaf CBD Coffee instead. Happy drinking and eating!
Warning! Making ice cream at home (especially with CBD) is very delicious and addicting!
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of whole SteepFuze The Origin Coffee beans OR SteepFuze Decaffeinated Coffee beans
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the milk, sugar, whole coffee beans, salt, and 1/2 cup of the cream in a medium saucepan until it is warm, but not boiling.
- Cover, remove from the heat, and let mixture steep at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Strain into a glass container and add sweetener to taste.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of cream into a medium size metal bowl, set on ice over a larger bowl and place a mesh strainer on top of the bowls, then set aside.
- Reheat the milk and coffee mixture, on medium heat until hot.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks together.
- Slowly pour the heated milk and coffee mixture into the egg yolks.
- Whisk constantly, so that the egg yolks are tempered by the warm milk, but not cooked by it.
- Scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat for about 10 minutes, scraping the bottom as you stir.
- Pour the mixture through the strainer into the cream.
- Press on the coffee beans in the strainer to extract as much of the coffee possible.
- Discard the beans and mix in the vanilla and stir until cool.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
- If you have an ice cream maker - place mixture in your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker - put the mixture in a quart ziplock bag and then put that bag into a gallon ziplock bag filled with ice and salt, seal the bag, then shake and knead the bag until the inner bag freezes.
Yum! Be sure to check back every Thursday to see the new recipes! OR you can skip ahead and download our full In the CBD Test Kitchen with SteepFuze - Cocktails, Desserts, and of course, CBD ebook by clicking below.
The ebook includes the following delicious recipes:
- CBD coffee cocktail recipes (6 of them)
- CBD tea cocktail recipes (3 of them)
- CBD ice cream recipe
- CBD tiramisu recipe
- CBD coffee bites recipe
- CBD coffee brownies recipe
- CBD green tea sorbet recipe
- CBD green tea cheesecake recipe
Need to stock up on some ingredients for the recipes?