We're back at it in the CBD Test Kitchen and decided to put a new twist on one of the most popular desserts out there... brownies! If you're worried about the caffeine keeping you up at night, try the recipe with our decaf!
- 2/3 cup of strong brewed, hot SteepFuze New Mountain Blend Coffee
- 2 tbsp of finely ground SteepFuze New Mountain Blend Coffee
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 & 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 & 2/3 cup of sifted all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use 1-2 tablespoon of the butter to grease an approximately 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat. Stir occasionally with heat until the chocolate and butter melt completely together.
- Remove from the heat, and to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar, coffee grounds, vanilla, and salt on high for 5-minutes in a mixer.
- Switch mixer to low and add the cooled chocolate mixture, then beat till mixed.
- Add flour and again beat until mixed.
- Pour the hot cup of CBD coffee into the batter and mix to blend.
- Pour the batter into a buttered pan and place it in the preheated 375 degree F oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes then remove brownies from the oven and cool to room temperature before serving.
These smell great baking in the oven! Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to check back every Thursday to see the new recipes! OR you can skip ahead and download our full In the CBD Test Kitchen with SteepFuze - Cocktails, Desserts, and of course, CBD ebook by clicking below.
The ebook includes the following delicious recipes:
- CBD coffee cocktail recipes (6 of them)
- CBD tea cocktail recipes (3 of them)
- CBD ice cream recipe
- CBD tiramisu recipe
- CBD coffee bites recipe
- CBD coffee brownies recipe
- CBD green tea sorbet recipe
- CBD green tea cheesecake recipe
Need to pick up some ingredients to make this recipe?